Hygiene is an important part of taking care of yourself, especially if you’re going to attract high quality women into your life. If you’re going to kiss someone on the mouth, it’s a good idea to make sure that you’re not going to repulse them with a horrid smell from your body or your mouth. Showering once a day is generally recommended, but it can take more than that to kill odors. If you weren’t taught how to maintain proper personal hygiene as a man, this Millennial Gentleman article will give you some pointers on how to do so.
Personal Hygiene Tips for Men
Hygiene is not just about health, it is also about confidence. There is no denying the fact that an individual who is well-groomed and hygienic is the one who can be easily recognized as a person of substance and sophistication.
Anyone can be a slob; it takes effort to be clean and presentable.
There’s a myth out there that women are naturally more clean than men. Generally, women are more likely to shower every day and clean their face with makeup remover every night. But that doesn’t mean that men should be less clean and groomed. Women tend to be more sensitive to smells than guys are, and that is something you should always keep in mind. Don’t let yourself fall into becoming the stereotypical unwashed hipster millennial dude who lacks self-awareness– transform yourself into a gentleman with swagger, who knocks the ladies off their feet as you stroll by.
Follow the steps below to be hygienic as a man and separate yourself from the crowd.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap, especially after using the toilet, after exercising and before meals.
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss once a day to remove food particles and plaque. Brushing your teeth regularly is the most important step to ensuring good oral hygiene.
- Shower regularly, at least once in the morning and before you go to bed.
- Clean behind your ears, on your neck, and in your ears.
- Brush your teeth twice a day, especially before a date. Floss your teeth daily.
- Change your clothes at least once every day.
- Use deodorant to cut down on your armpit body odor which will otherwise build up throughout the day and make you smell awful.
- Shave during or after a warm shower. It will soften your skin and make you less likely to cut yourself.
- You should use an exfoliator at least once a week. It helps get rid of dead skin cells and dirt that gets trapped in your pores.
- Washing your face each day is a must. It’s what keeps your skin looking clear and healthy. However, you shouldn’t wash your face too much because it can strip away the natural oils in your skin. If you have oily skin, you can use a soft cloth to wipe off the excess oil on your face.
- Don’t wear the same underwear two days in a row, ideally only one pair per day.
- Change your socks every day.
- Change your clothes after a workout, and ideally, after you come home from work as well. You can pick up a lot of odors at work, depending on your job, as you come into contact with other people and certain environments.
- Keep nails trimmed and clean.
- Use a breath mint before you talk to someone important, like a date.
While these daily tasks may seem simple and mundane, practicing them regularly can make a big difference in how you feel throughout your day and how you look to women.
The Best Morning Hygiene Products For Men
Every morning, millions of men around the world start their day in the same way: by waking up, taking a shower, and getting ready for work. But not everyone does everything they ought to do. Your morning routine can set you up for success or failure, depending on what you do.
The average Men’s hygiene kit should include a few essential grooming products.
My favorite brand of soap for showering is Duke Cannon. Each brick of soap weighs in at a hefty 10 oz. and lasts longer than the soaps sold at grocery stores. Duke Cannon Supply Co. are modeled after the rough cut, “brick” style of soap used by GIs during the Korean War and are manufactured in the same plant that was the primary supplier of military soap for over 20 years.
I will also recommend that you purchase the special scrunchie for the soaps. This thing may seem silly but I promise you, it really does work very well. Not only does it help keep your soap off the ground and make it last longer, but it’s very useful for getting a good lather going, reducing how much soap you actually need to use when you shower.
Shampoo and Hair Conditioner
I also recommend Duke Cannon’s brand of Shampoo and Hair Conditioner. It’s affordable and a very good product for men’s hair. This particular product has a cedarwood scent to it as well, which is more appropriate than some of the other scented shampoo products
There are many brands of deodorant on the market, and some of them have irritated my skin. Another thing that will happen is a build up in the armpits of my sleeve shirts, that becomes hard to clean out. Consequently I have tried many different brands trying to find one that won’t cause these issues.
The best deodorant for men that I have found is Degree.
Best Cologne for Men
The best cologne is the one that will make you smell appealing to women. In my experience, some good staples are Jimmy Choo Men and Coach Platinum. I’ve yet to encounter a woman who doesn’t like these two colognes.
Men’s Shaving Products
For shaving products, I recommend getting into wet shaving. You’ll have a much closer shave with a traditional razor and women can tell the difference, especially when they touch your face.